Dear Houston Women’s Clinic Community,
We know you are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As your healthcare partner, we want you to know that our patients’ safety is our top priority.
The risk to the general public remains low; at the same time, we are taking special precautions to ensure our patients’ health and safety during this time.
It is important that patients do not postpone needed healthcare, especially abortion services, as delaying abortion care increases risks and costs.
If there is anything preventing you from making and keeping an appointment, please call 713-868-4483 and speak to one of our call center representatives.
Our clinic is open and offering all services on our regular schedule.
To ensure our patient’s health and safety from COVID-19, we have implemented additional protocols.
Patients are initially screened for recent travel and symptoms when making an appointment, as well as when they arrive at our facility. Staff are being screened and monitored to help maintain the safest possible environment for everyone.
We are taking our guidance from the Local Department of Health and CDC (Centers for Disease Control), and we are actively monitoring the situation.
We are doing all we can to help keep our employees and patients safe and healthy.
There is a lot of false information being shared on social media and in some news. Here are some fact-based guidelines for what you need to know, and what you can do. They include:
What are the Symptoms of Coronavirus?
• Commonly reported symptoms include fever, cough or shortness of breath.
• Most people with COVID-19 will have mild symptoms. People who are at most risk for severe illness are those who have other health conditions, including chronic lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, cancer or a weakened immune system.
What Should I do if I Feel Sick?
• Stay home and call your doctor if you have cold or flu symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat.
• If you do not feel better in 24-48 hours, seek care from your primary care doctor.
• Hospital staff will not ask about immigration status. Receiving health care is not a public benefit identified by the public charge test.
How Can I Protect Myself and Others from Coronavirus?
• Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Do not use your hands.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Do not shake hands. Instead wave or elbow bump.
• Monitor your heath more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
• Get the flu shot at Choices. Although the flu shot will not protect you from COVID-19, it will help prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this coronavirus.
For complete guidelines from the Houston Health Department, click here.
Houston’s Trusted Abortion Clinic
Since 1976, the Houston Women’s Clinic has been the trusted leader in providing safe, compassionate and confidential abortion care
Houston Women’s Clinic
If you or someone you care about is considering terminating a pregnancy, rest assured you are not alone. It is such a personal, private decision; you don’t want to share with everyone. So, where do you turn for help and honest information? How do you find the best abortion clinic for your specific needs? The best thing you can do is educate yourself. As you research clinics, you will find that not all clinics are the same.
Be sure to ask lots of questions, and trust your feelings. We are here to provide you with the best care available.
Meet Dr. Rosenfeld
Our Professional & Caring Staff
Our staff is specially trained to provide supportive abortion counseling that respects your choice. By providing individual, personalized care, we take time with each patient. Counseling is on an individual basis, not in a group, because we respect your right to privacy and confidentiality.
Why Choose Us?
The Houston Women’s Clinic is absolutely the best abortion clinic in Houston, and Dr. Rosenfeld is where Houston doctors have been referring their patients since 1976 . Read our patient testimonials to compare.